100% Online CELTA
In view of the current circumstances that the world is going through these days with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, we at Polyskills Institute – International House Frankfurt have taken the necessary measures to ensure our clients and staff safety without having to stop or compromise the quality of delivery of our courses.
Hence, we are pleased to announce the 100% Fully Online CELTA course, as both the input and the Teaching Practice will be done virtually.
- You can attend from anywhere in the world without the need of being in our center physically.
- You will have the added input of Teaching online in addition to the regular CELTA curriculum.
- You will get real-time full virtual support from your Online Course Tutor in addition to Online Tutorials.
- You will have access to webinars, interactive tasks, participation in guided video observation and forum discussions online.
- All input is delivered online and can be completed in your own time which allows easy self-study and revision.
The University of Cambridge requires candidates on all CELTA courses to teach for a total of six hours during the course. This online teaching is observed and assessed by our course tutors and is divided into 8 separate teaching slots for each candidate.
The criteria of the Online CELTA assessment and moderation is exactly the same as the full-time and part-time face-to-face courses and leads to the same qualification.
To successfully complete the course you need to spend a minimum of fifteen hours a week online to work on interactive tasks, participate in guided video observation, forum discussions and the online teaching.
Don’t worry, you do not need advanced computer skills to take the online CELTA course: the ability to use email and the Internet and have basic typing skills is all that is required!
What are the advantages of the fully Online CELTA?
Accessibility: There’s no need to worry about travel arrangements or costs – all you need is your screen, video conferencing tools and a comfortable work space!
Experience Online Teaching: As the CELTA is traditionally taught in a classroom, this new course type offers the added bonus of providing an insight into online teaching, which could be useful for teaching English online in the future.
An internationally recognised TEFL qualification: The CELTA is known as the golden standard of TEFL qualifications and most reputable schools look for this certificate when hiring. A CELTA will never expire and show recruiters that you understand the core principles and methodologies of teaching English as a second language.
Will my CELTA Certificate show that the course was online?
No, just as with CELTA Online Blended courses, your certificate will not show the location or format in which you took the CELTA. It states that you have completed it and it will be awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment (belonging to the University of Cambridge).
What are the requirements for taking the CELTA 100% Online?
The requirements are the same as for taking a face-to-face CELTA. These include:
- Sufficient education for entering higher education, e.g. University (otherwise life experience can be taken into account).
- A high level of English language and grammar awareness, or a proficiency equivalent to an IELTS 7.5 or a high Cambridge C1.
- Aged 18 or over.
It’s also important that you have access to the following at home:
- A laptop or desktop computer with headphones and a microphone.
- A good internet connection.
- A designated and comfortable working area.