PRIVACY: The information you provide in this application will be used to process your enrolment at Polyskills Institute (hereinafter called “The Institute”). This information will be treated as confidential and is available for your review. However, it may be made available to Immigration and education authorities in relation to your visa (if applicable). The Institute may send you information about our center or other courses. You may request not to receive further information at any time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
I the candidate/trainee, note the availability of pre-enrolment information at the Institute and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The acceptance on a course does not mean a place has been reserved for you. A place cannot be reserved until the (nonrefundable) deposit has been paid.
- If I was not contacted for an interview, then the application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. If I was contacted for an interview this will involve a 30 minute (timed) written test, a test on language awareness and an interview with a tutor.
- The Institute reserves the right to increase fees at any time and to cancel a course if there is an insufficient number of candidates
- I need to disclose, during my interview, any medical problem that may affect my ability to participate and complete the course I am applying for in accordance with the course requirements
- The following may affect my grade and may be grounds for dismissal from the course:
- lack of punctuality on my part
- Failure on my part to co-operate reasonably with other trainees, students, The Institute personnel and third parties (such as, but not limited to, work experience providers)
- Noncompliance on my part with The Institute code of conduct. (A copy of the code can be obtained from The Institute)
- Failure on my part to complete any written assignments on time and to a satisfactory standard will affect my grade. I accept as final all decisions made by The Institute in regard to certification, grading and dismissal from the course.
- I accept financial responsibility for any books and materials borrowed by me
- Trainees/students on The Institute courses will have different trainers/teachers during their courses and class sizes may vary.
- I may be photographed and videotaped during my time at The Institute and that these images may be used for marketing communication.
- I must inform The Institute in writing if I do not wish to be photographed or videotaped and have these images used for marketing communications.
- That this agreement signed by me, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right for me to take further action under law.
- I am aware that the (CELTA Online 100% course) is extremely demanding. 100% attendance is expected and that I should be committing, at least, 80 hours of my own private study time outside the 120 contact hours of the course. I am expected to participate in the daily teaching practice, guided lesson planning, and input sessions – All conducted through Zoom. Punctuality is assessed and tardiness could result in dismissal from the course without reimbursement.
- I understand that despite being a 100 % online course the workload will be demanding requiring a good deal of time and energy.
- I realize that I will need to spend time outside the timetabled course hours working on my own to plan lessons, write lesson plans and produce assignments.
- I understand that during the course any absence must first be agreed with the course tutors and that it is my responsibility to ensure I have caught up with any missed work and training. Certification is required for all absences. I understand that any absence of three days or more will be considered as a withdrawal from the course and that I will not be eligible for any reimbursement.
- I understand that it is possible to receive a “fail” result and that course fees will not be reimbursed for reasons related to my grade. Trainees who are in danger of receiving a “Fail” grade will be informed of this by course tutors as soon as possible to give them every opportunity to address issues and be successful. Every candidate accepted onto the CELTA course has the potential to pass.
- I understand that throughout the course I will be expected to behave in a professional manner towards colleagues, tutors, school staff and students, and that failure to do so could result in dismissal from the course without reimbursement.
- I understand that tutors and members of staff at the center will behave in a professional manner.
- I confirm that I have access to a strong, reliable internet connection, will be working throughout the course on a laptop (rather than a mobile or a tablet) with a functioning camera. I also have access to a headset with a microphone that will enable me to contribute clearly online.
- I confirm that I have access to a quiet working space where I live and won’t be interrupted when taking part in any online element of the CELTA course. I will also put my mobile phone on silent whilst participating online.
- I confirm that I have access to zoom which is the platform on which the fully online CELTA course will be delivered.
- I confirm that I will use the camera on my laptop when taking part in input sessions, delivering my Teaching Practice (TP) and participating in TP feedback and lesson planning sessions
- I understand that I am not permitted to record any part of the fully online CELTA course unless permission has been given by a course tutor.
- I understand that once I have started the fully online CELTA, it won’t be possible to defer to another CELTA course unless I have ‘completed more than half of the course, but cannot finish the course due to exceptional circumstances.’ I also understand that such a deferral is ‘at the discretion of the center.’ (Page 12 of ‘Cambridge CELTA Administration Handbook 2017’ available on request from your course tutors.
- I understand that all written assignments must be submitted (or re-submitted) on time according to the timetable. Failure to do so could result in the assignment receiving an automatic resubmission (or ‘fail’ if already a re-submission).
- I understand that I will receive constructive feedback from my peers and tutors and I will be prepared to work on those action points as part of my professional development. I will also be expected to provide my peers with constructive feedback.
- I understand that I am responsible for submitting documents to proceed with your application. If there are laws governing this in your country, then you have to find a way to submit these either by email or by post to the nearest center.
- The online CELTA course (Part time / Full time) is a virtual course that is run through an approved Cambridge center. The institute reserves the right to register and administer the course in any of its approved centers. The CELTA certificate is issued and couriered by Cambridge University in the UK.
- By accepting this Electronic agreement, I agree to all the terms and conditions of this legally binding contract.
INDEMNITY AND RELEASE I, the candidate/trainee, am aware that certain risks and dangers may be associated with any study
undertaking and participation in associated activities including but not limited to participation in compulsory practice teaching and observation activities, travel and optional recreational activities. In consideration of The Institute accepting my application as a candidate and/or trainee, I agree that I will not hold The Institute responsible or liable for and will not make any claim against The Institute by reason of any injury, damage or loss which I may suffer as a result of or in connection with or during the period of –
1. My attendance at The Institute and /or
2. My participation in activities whether educational, social, recreational or otherwise, conducted or arranged by or on behalf of or by arrangement with The Institute or in any way associated with The Institute
3. Whilst in accommodation whether short term or long term arranged for me by The Institute. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators and assigns, I hereby release The Institute from all liability to myself or to any other person for any such injury, damage or loss and from any actions, claims or demands which, if I had not entered into this Agreement, I might hereafter have been entitled to take or make against The Institute in respect of any such injury, damage or loss and I hereby indemnify The Institute against any such liability.
I agree that this Agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the law. I certify that the information I have given is true and correct and that I have read the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and ‘Indemnity and Release’ above, and agree to be bound by them.
- Once a place has been offered, it can only be secured when a deposit or full fee (as stated in the Course Dates and Fees Schedule) has been paid. I agree that if I do not pay the balance of fees 14 days prior to course commencement that my position on the course can be offered to another candidate.
- I am obligated to inform The Institute of a change of address while enrolled on a course.
- It may be possible, up to two weeks before a course starts, to transfer to a later course date.
- CELTA deposits are non-refundable.
- No refund will be issued if I do not commence a course for which I have paid or if I withdraw after I have commenced the course.